Saturday, May 12, 2007

Half way to ninety!



Shhhhhhh.............don't tell Blogger, but although it says 12.15 a.m. on my computer clock, therefore officially making me one year older, Blogger is on American time, and so, according to my profile, I am still the same age as I was when I got up this morning.

Hubby and I went out this evening too, and when I got back I found that ED and Sensible had made me a cake. Now given that my age hasn't gone up yet, maybe I could pretend that it was from last year? Oh, o.k. maybe not........ I was VERY chuffed to get a birthday cake though!! Thank you ED and Sensible!

I actually have always loved the six days between 6th and 12th May. Hubby for those 6 days only is a year older than me rather than the same age. My brothers are 13 and 9 years older than me. And my friend Debbie is a year older than me. Well actually my eldest brother is thirteen years older than me for two months really. And my friend Debbie is a year older than me for five months. But in those six days, all four are respectively that bit older. And in time honoured tradition, Debbie will undoubtedly send me a birthday card tomorrow saying how glad she is that I have caught her up at last.....

The other thing is, that I never look forward to odd birthdays. That's odd in number you understand.

It's a bit of OCD really.

I like even numbers.

Funny really, because ED has a similar affliction, but unlike me, she only likes multiples of five. She always ensures that the volume button on the television is at 25 or 30. The best place for sound is is actually 27 .....but if she knows, she changes it. Given that I like even numbers, we compromise at 30.

But now it's here. The 12th May 2007. That makes me (shhhhhh..........) 45...........

Not only is that an ODD number, but it's half way to 90.

If I get as far as 90 that is.

It's in my mid forties.

I can't even pretend that I am in my early forties now..........

Oh well...........

At least I have a nice chocolate orange cake to eat.

And it's not Terry's.

It's mine.

Happy Birthday ME!

26 comments:

pierre l said...

Well, happy birthday to you, and a delayed happy birthday to hubby, and the cake looks very nice indeed.

sallywrites said...

Gosh that was quick!! Thank you Pierre!

Anonymous said...

happy birthday sally! that cake looks yumscalot.

you could always skip the odd years and go up by 2 each time? 46 today, 48 next year?

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! Age is just an attitude so 45, 35, 54 who cares?

Have a great day.

Alice Band said...

Happy Birthday Sally! What did you get?
I'm really fed up. Hubby has just been to get the papers and my column that I felt was the funniest for a while, has been hacked. It's so depressing when I have thought long and hard over sentence contruction, funnu lines etc.. Editors - aargh

sallywrites said...

Thanks Enidd. No - if it's ok with you, I might not do that - I would get my telgram a bit too quickly! Although I might just be the even years for two years. Or maybe four........ OR....actually ........I'm only 25 in SAY years!

Laura - Indeed - who cares!

Alice - Don't worry - they might have just not sold enough ad space, so had to cut the editorial. From experience I would just take it that you have a week's holiday, and assume that it will be in next week. It's a good column. DON'T WORRY!!!!

Beccy said...

Happy Birthday Sally. That cake looks delicious...can I come to tea?

ChrisB said...

A big big Happy Birthday Sally and enjoy that delicious looking cake. (you're still a baby compared to some of us I'm over 2/3rds of the way there!!) Have a great day.

headless chicken said...

Happy birthday Sally!
Surprise!
Have just created an account so am now able to not only read but comment on your blog too. Hope you dont mind!
Have a great day,
love from the other Mum of five in the village!!

Unknown said...

Cyber hugs, now you're old....like me!! Happy Birthday!!

Alice Band said...

Sally,
Sorry, I didn't mean they'd cut it altogetherm just edited it a bit - cut out the funniest parts as far as I'm concerend! My blog is posted on the Tuesday after - so you have yet to read it!!
Besides you didn;t answer my question what did you get?

sallywrites said...

Beccy - Absolutely! What time are you arriving?

Chris - Thank you!

Headless Chicken - Brilliant. and are you going to start a blog too??!!

John - Yes indeed - another 25 year old SAYER

Alice - Sorry - Misunderstood! I got some great clothes, including a jumper dress and a really lovely huge jumper (to stop me from borrowing hubby's that i gave him!) Also the kids have given me a real treat of a photo appointment, preceded by a hair appointment, so that I can look nice for it!!! Some "me" time. great gifts!!! Thank you kids and hubby!

sallywrites said...

p.s. AND headless chicken who commented gave me a beautiful necklace. Thank you HC!!! xxx

sallywrites said...

Oh yes! And for all those who don't know about SAY years.... Here it is!!

Anonymous said...

Hey, happy birthday Sally! How very odd, looking at your profile picture I thought you were only 21 :)

Although I suppose if that were the case, the legistics of having 5 kids might be a tad difficult...

Remember, you are only as old as you feel!

headless chicken said...

So glad you like the necklace Sally.It's so much easier to communicate this way - we can finish a sentence without interruption, which is impossible when we try to do the 'coffee and chat' thing in person! As for me starting a blog - NO! I'm far too busy running around like a headless chicken,stressing about all the things I have to do but rarely managing to actually do any of them!!! XXX

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to all!
Age is just a number, after all!

sallywrites said...

Ig - Ha ha!! Thanks for the bday greetings - and yes really I am only as old as I feel!!

HC - Well......one day you can write about it all, when it calms down a bit!

Lisa - Thank you! Indeed it is!!

headless chicken said...

Hi Sally
Just to let you know I have changed my display name to boring,unimaginative Sarah. As you know,my seven year old daughter is animal crazy so was very upset about my previous choice! I couldn't think of an amusing or clever alternative at this time on a Sunday morning so Sarah will have to do! X

sallywrites said...

Hi Sarah!

I actually thought that headless chicken was very funny though!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Sally. The cake looked damn good, mind you so do you!

Many happy returns.

Your grumpy old uncle N.

Alice Band said...

Holy Shit! Has Unlce Norm really written to you???

Sally Townsend said...

The phrase 'forty something' is so handy !

sallywrites said...

Thanks Norman!
Alice: Indeed!
Sally's Chateau: Isn't it just?!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Drat!
Sorry missed again.
Happy unbirthday.