Enidd, who is one of the funniest bloggers ever, challenged me to be interviewed, and here it is!
What do you most enjoy about acting?
To be absolutely honest I am not sure what I enjoy most about acting. I just know that it is part of me that I couldn’t live without. I think I enjoy being someone else – although those someone elses are not always who you would want to be…………… but you can immerse yourself in a different person’s psyche for a short while, and that is brilliant!
Perhaps though I am just a bit egotistical..........and it suits my egotistical qualities, which don't get a chance to be aired elsewhere in my life, to act!
2) A mystery envelope has arrived in the post. what would you like it to contain?
A cheque to pay off the mortgage!
3) Which 4 celebrities, alive or dead, would you invite to dinner?
I would only invite living ones, because dead ones wouldn't be too much company, and I think I would have the following to dinner.........
Richard Gere Hugh Grant Emma Thompson Colin Firth
4) And what would you cook for them?
I would cook things that I know would work!
A homemade soup
Salmon en croute Roasted vegetables New Potatoes
Plenty of wine in case the food isn't perfect and lots of chocolates - only Green and Black's Thorntons or Lindt - to end the meal with nice coffee and a dessert wine.
5) Dog or Cat? And why?
A dog, because our cat currently has a senile dementia problem which has led to much urinary incontinence, and ..........he’s a pacifist and doesn't kill mice.
I responded that I don’t think too much and I write much trivia.
However, I was very happy to be nominated, especially by Chris who was one of my very first bloggie friends!
You are supposed to think of five people whose blogs make you think, but as I am very late to do this, the rest of you have already named most of the people that I would have named……… So, I am going to point you in the direction of just two people that you possibly don’t know.
The first is Enid. This is not Enidd. But Enid. Enid and I have been friends since 1995, when we went to live in Northern Ireland for four years. She lives with her partner and writer Ian McDonald and has been writing a blog for 18 months. Recently she has been in the wars having had to undergo surgery, but she has a wry sense of humour in telling us all about it! Ironically, although I have known Enid for 12 years, I only realised very recently that she too was a bloggie!
And the second is Alice Band. I only came across Alice recently but she writes a great blog and is also a columnist for the Western Daily Press. I was very honoured when I realised that she liked my blog, because I really think that she has a real talent for entertaining.
And finally in response to Keith's challenge of many moons ago............ Keith is celebrating his 70th birthday today, so do pop over and wish him a happy birthday! I call this the three things challenge:
1. 3 Things That Scare Me:
The thought of my children being involved in an accident or being seriously ill. The thought of going bankrupt. Bats!
2. 3 People Who Make Me Laugh: Jo Brand Dawn French Victoria Wood
3. 3 Things I Love: Hot Summer Days Chocolate. Flowers
4. 3 Things I Hate: Rain Being cold Reality TV
5. 3 Things I Don’t Understand: Why months are always longer than money Why, when people are living longer and longer we still regard people in the workforce as over the hill once they reach forty. The point of reality TV.
6. 3 Things On My Desk: Telephone Computer monitor Speaker
7. 3 Things I’m Doing Right Now: Typing Drinking Tea Thinking of all the things I SHOULD be doing
8. 3 Things I Want To Do Before I Die: Take the children on proper holidays Pay off the mortgage Become a well paid famous writer, broadcaster and voice over artist
9. 3 Things I Can Do: Deal with large institutions with good results – although I actually hate it really. I’d like the world to be more straightforward! Write Broadcast Do voice overs Act Read great bedtime stories to the kids!
(That’s six ………… But hardly anyone realises that I can do most of these things, so I am taking this opportunity so that I don’t die not having achieved number 8!!)
10. 3 Things I Can’t Do: Play any sort of sport involving a ball. I fall over it and miss it! Play a musical instrument. I learnt the piano for years and regret giving it up at 16, but never really made good progress with it. Find my way in new places. I have a dreadful sense of direction and have to rely heavily on maps and road signs and help! Once I know the layout of where I am going, I’m fine, but I need to drum the place into my long term memory before it makes any sense!
11. 3 People I Think You Should Listen To: Your children; your partner; yourself and your own instincts
12. 3 Things You Should Never Listen To: Negative people; music without tunes; Country and Western
13. 3 Things I’d Like To Learn: How to sing properly French beyond the schoolgirl level How to play the piano properly
14. 3 Favorite Foods: Salmon, exotic salad and new potatoes Roasted vegetables Chocolate, preferably very intense version of Green and Blacks, Thorntons or Lindt!
15. 3 Beverages I Drink Regularly: Tea. Coffee Wine
16. 3 Books I Read as a child. The Secret Garden The Little Princess To Kill a Mockingbird
If you too would like to take up one of these mad challenges, please feel free. If you would like to be interviewed, drop me a line and I'll send you some questions!
p.s. After writing this I realised that there two more people that I read regularly, but many of the rest of you don't: Ignorminious and Meredic. I have been reading both of these from months and so they come highly recommended!
Sally's writing is about being a mother of five, now all too grown up, children, (four girls, one boy) a husband, a dog, and a serious ambition to be a mortgage free and famous actress, voice over artist, broadcaster, writer and teacher.
The "Cast" List for the blog includes:
Hubby - Her husband,
ED - Eldest Daughter,
ESOS - Eldest son only son,
Sensible - Second daughter,
Gymnast - Third daughter,
Tinkerbell Mushroom - Youngest daughter and youngest child,
Mad Dog - AKA Lucy - the border collie.
Guest appearances by MIL (mother in law), parents, two brothers, inlaws, nephews, nieces and great nephew.