My initial response to being tagged again - this time by my longstanding blogging friend Ignorminious, was "Not AGAIN"! I was never very good a playing tag in the playground. I wasn't a fast runner, and I always seemed to turn round at the wrong moment and get tagged again very quickly. The fear lives with me!
Ignorminious however, is a longstanding blogging friend in that he has followed my blog from the very long beginning of almost seven months ago. He does me the great service of making sure that however bad he might think my ramblings are, he comments positively anyway. Which is good, because we bloggers need constant reassurance. Just when, for instance, you think you have written a stonkingly funny blog, you get maybe three responses, and then you have one of those "OH NO, I AM NOT FUNNY" moments. Or something....
Ig asked me to reveal seven things about me which you don't know..........
I think that as I reveal many of these, you will probably say: "Yes we know that Sally, just from the way you write and from what you write."
But, one of you might not, especially if you are new today. So here they are:
1. I did a drama course at University and while there was a member of many dramatic societies. I was also a fairly insignificant member of quite a prestigious comedy group. One of the people in the same group - who was also on my course - told me one day that I wasn't funny........ That has stuck with me for 20 years, and even though people laugh at me now, I still have serious doubts.
2. An editor of a newspaper locally to here also said that I wasn't funny, and that I should write, but not to try to be funny. She then moved off that paper, to another one in the same group and the subsequent editor employed me to write some columns. Like my blog I used to put in what I thought were funny snippets about the family, and people used to laugh - they told me. BUT I STILL HAD DOUBTS MYSELF!
3. I shared a 21st party with someone I hardly knew, just because he had a birthday six days before mine. I married him three years and three months later.
4. When at university I went through a phase of falling for "sensitive souls"......... Each time I set myself up for a disappointment, because they all turned out to be gay.......
Fortunately, the person who I had shared a 21st party with eventually asked me out...
5. I was born three weeks prematurely and have spent the rest of my life making up for it. By the time I get to fifty I should hopefully start being early for things more often.
6. Despite the bravado. I'm very insecure! I have "mug" written all over my forehead. If you want someone to organise a Tupperware party on top of Mount Snowdon for five thousand people, in the middle of the night, ask me.
7. I hate toys with five thousand tiny pieces in them. I think that they have been designed by someone who hated their mother, hasn't got children and wants revenge on all the mothers of the world.
I would like to tag someone who doesn't currently comment on my blog, but who reads me! Now I know that there are people out there who are doing just that, from the numbers of people who visit me, but I can't tell who you are .......because you don't leave any clues. So go on! Be brave. Take the plunge. Admit your presence, comment and respond!!
Sally's writing is about being a mother of five, now all too grown up, children, (four girls, one boy) a husband, a dog, and a serious ambition to be a mortgage free and famous actress, voice over artist, broadcaster, writer and teacher.
The "Cast" List for the blog includes:
Hubby - Her husband,
ED - Eldest Daughter,
ESOS - Eldest son only son,
Sensible - Second daughter,
Gymnast - Third daughter,
Tinkerbell Mushroom - Youngest daughter and youngest child,
Mad Dog - AKA Lucy - the border collie.
Guest appearances by MIL (mother in law), parents, two brothers, inlaws, nephews, nieces and great nephew.